We take our customers privacy seriously and we will only collect and use your personal information as outlined on this page. We are privileged to have you as a customer or potential customer so will never in any way jeopardise that relationship with you by misusing your personal information.
We have policies and procedures in place to ensure that all personal information, no matter what it is or where it is obtained, is handled discreetly, sensitively, securely, in line with the industries best practices and as required by Australian law.
The Australian Privacy Principles (APP) sets clear standards for the collection, access, storage and use of your personal information and we live and breathe this throughout our business.
Personal Information we collect and store
Usually, we collect information directly from you as you give it to us, but we also collect information from the following interactions you have with us:
- When you access and use our website
- During conversations or communications with us, be it over the phone, email, live chat, on our website or in person
- When you complete a purchase, registration, request, application or review with one of our products or services
- When you interact with us through competitions, advertisements, events or social media platforms
We may also collect information from third parties, such as social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram etc.), but only when you have given your permission for them to pass this information to us. If you are a potential employee we may also gather information from your referees when you tell us to do so.
Here is the information we collect:
- Your name
- Your address, whether personal or business, only what you provide
- Your telephone or mobile number
- Your email address
- Social media information obtained via our social media accounts
- We also collect information which is not considered personal because it does not identify you personally, but to be upfront this includes things like your shopping preferences, products being browsed or placed together on our website and your marketing preferences, all used to solely provide a better shopping experience for you through Bathroom X
Why? What do we do with your information?
Underlying, any information we collect is used to provide you with a product or service or a better purchasing experience.
We collect your personal information to:
- Provide you with products and/or services that you have requested from us
- Answer any questions or queries you have and to assist you make a decision or purchase
- Communicate our product offers, services, special offers, competitions or events which might be of interest to you
- Transact with you, and in doing so create transaction records, agreements for the sale of products and services, tax invoices, delivery receipts and confirmations
Provide your information to third parties such as:
- Delivery service providers, product suppliers, service providers (such as trades people) and branch networks for the purpose of delivering a good or service that you have requested
- Marketing of Bathroom X and services only. We will never release or sell your information to any other brand or marketing organisation that is not explicitly involved in promoting Bathroom X
- Comply with any laws or regulations or to comply with any requests from regulators or authorities within Australia
- Fraud and loss prevention activities
- Budgeting, procurement and fulfilment activities that lead to us providing a better experience for you
- Assess your suitability for the applied position if you are a potential employee
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
Your personal information may be disclosed to the following:
- Our employees, contractors or service providers
- Suppliers and brands for the purpose of supplying goods or services to you
- IT systems administrators, couriers and delivery providers, payment gateway provider Pin Payments
- Business advisors and administrators such as accountants, auditors, lawyers and other professional service providers
- Other third party businesses for the purpose of marketing that we have a strict contractual relationship with and who have an equal or higher standard of security and information privacy
We are an Australian business and serious about protecting your privacy and take all steps to ensure we treat you and your personal information with respect.
We do not sell or share your information with any other brand or company that is not outlined in this statement.
Computer data & cookies
When you visit Bathroom X, our servers and software will automatically record information that your device and browser send each time you visit a website. This includes:
- Your devices IP address
- Browser and operating system specs
- The pages you visit on our website, time spent, items viewed, information searched for as well other browsing statistics. This information helps us to provide a better website experience and product offer for you, not used in any other way.
When you visit our website we use “cookies” when they are enabled by you to provide you a better browsing experience by:
- Remembering your details and preferences when you return within the period of time your cookie settings are set to Cookies can easily be viewed, blocked or removed using our browser settings.
- Unsubscribing from Bathroom X Emails
We will send you email communications from time to time during your journey to a new bathroom, kitchen or laundry. If you feel these are no longer relevant or needed simply scroll down to the bottom of the email and select “Unsubscribe” and you will automatically be removed from all future marketing communications.
Security of your personal information
We take security seriously, and ensure your personal information is safe and secure at all times by:
- Using best practice website protection, known by those in the know as 128 – bit SSL across our entire website, not just the payment sections, this ensures we are always up to date with the latest security patches and best practice. We also use a reputable hosting partner in Australia, who deploys the world’s top security protocols and standards.
- Restricting access to your personal information within our business, only those that need access have it.
- We deploy best practice access and security software on all devices used by Bathroom X
- We securely destroy your personal information when no longer required
- Only using third party software as a service (SAAS) applications that have equivalent or higher security standards than our own
Breaches of Privacy
If you believe we have overstepped and breached your privacy, reach out to us at we will get in touch ASAP and resolve the issue.